Adsl Configuration Guide
To configure the ADSL service from Elcom Internet Service provider you must follow the steps below:
1. Secure the necessary equipment:
- An ADSL Telephone Line which enabled on a port by PTC
- ADSL modem is the entrance to RJ 11 for connecting the telephone line.
- filter (splitter) has three entries (ADSL + LINE + PHONE) to separate the Data and Voice
- a computer to start working Internet service.
2. How to do wire:
-We connect the phone line with the filter of the LINE
- We connect the phone with filters of the PHONE with the observation that any device must be connected to another phone in the house after the filter and not before or put filter at each phone to prevent any interference
- Then we plug the ADSL modem with filters of troubleshooting the ADSL.
- Then we plug the network cable to the ADSL modem from the entrance to the (Ethernet RJ 45) to your computer or work through the wireless connection if its available in the modem.
3. The application of the necessary settings on the ADSL modem:
To begin the work of the ADSL service must apply many of the settings on the personal computer and the ADSL modem.
After you arrived to make sure the network cable computer modem and the ADSL, make sure of the definition of the network card settings and make sure the local network through the following:
Admitted to the bar, we start by clicking on the control panel and then we choose the Options Network and Sharing We are pressing on
We request any page Http to open the web page either through the (Internet Explorer OR Fire fox) as follows: if the ADSL modem of the type D-LINK
In the case of the modem of the other type, we therefore as shown in Figure
From the start put pressure on the inside run and then write cmd
Then will show to us a black screen inside, write ipconfig
Then will shows:
IP Address: 192.168.
Subnet mask: 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway: 192.168.
Will be the default gateway is the IP of your modem, ADSL
Then back to the web page after entering the number your modem is showing us a user name and password
The application settings provider on the Modem page:
There are many Routers ADSL available on the market, including:
• D_LINK 192.168.1.1 admin / admin
• Smc 192.168.2.1 USER: admin Pass: smcadmin
We note that all of the ADSL modems have the same application with almost a slight difference in shape and recall of the following methods to enter the page:
• Run wizard
In all previous cases must apply the following steps:
Pass: * * * * * *
We attach the following forms to clarify the previous ideas: